Sunday, May 8, 2011

MOM, I MISS YOU!

MAY 8, 2011
BRUCE A. BRENNAN BLOG FROM THE WORLD AND MY MIND
The news as I see it and the views as I want them.
May 8 is … No Socks Day and Have a Coke Day

May 6th was National Beverage Day. Coke has quite a lobby.

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY, if it is appropriate. This is for Mary K., Elaine, Patty, Barb, Shawna, Jenna, Lynda, Pat, Jan K. and all the mothers I have known.
GREAT MOTHERS I HAVE KNOWN AND LOVED

A woman named Alberta, she was my mother;
Of course for me there was no other;

My mother has passed on;
But her work is never done;

I have married a splendid lady;
She has made many a hot day shady;

I cannot call my mother on her day and that makes me sad;
I have wonderful memories and had the best mom, so it’s not all bad;

Lucas, Ross and Hannah have the best mom too;
Mary K. is her name and she I did woo;

Mary K. and Barb have a fine mother named Elaine;
Good mothering skills in them she did ingrain;

My mother helped raise my sister, also a mother, her name is Patty;
Patty has raised two young mothers also, Shawna and Jenna, they are both quite natty;

The types of mothers are many and rarely do we bother;
We have grandmothers, great-grandmothers and the important Godmother;

Lynda is one who comes to mind;
A finer Godmother you will not find:

Each spring fresh flowers of many colors are reborn;
Each spring for mothers, a holiday we do adorn;

Departed mothers are lovingly missed;
From my mother I miss being kissed;

Sunshine and your presence is all a mother wants;
Unfortunately for many, the absence of a loved one still haunts;

A mother I have never known to complain;
Even when she wants the last bite, she will feign;

Have a conversation with a mother and say a prayer;
And most of all, show her you care;

I love you mom and I miss you so;
Because of you, into a man I did grow.

Bruce A. Brennan
Copyright 2011
DeKalb, IL 60115

Now, I have to mention the running of the Kentucky Derby. Animal Kingdom won the race, ending my winning streak at one. Stay Thirsty, the horse I was touting, was never a factor in the race, finishing a weakening 12th.
Just a couple of thoughts I had.
BRUCE A. BRENNAN
DEKALB, IL 60115
COPYRIGHT 2011

VISIT ANY OF THE SITES LISTED FOR REVIEW, RESEARCH, ORDERING MY WRITING PRODUCTS OR TO CONTACT ME.
Go to web sites below to buy books by Bruce A. Brennan. It is still a good time to purchase any of my books. The books are interesting and inexpensive reads. My third book should be available later this year, in late 2011. More information will be forthcoming.

www.ebookmall.com (Do search by my name or book Title)
www.barnesandnoble.com (do a quick search, Title, my name)
www.smashwords.com Do a Title or author search.

Book Titles:

Holmes the Ripper

A Revengeful Mix of Short Fiction

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen." - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment