Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Congratulations to Tom Doherty and Clay Campbell.

NOVEMBER 3, 2010

CONGRATULATIONS TO JUDGE-ELECT TOM DOHERTY. EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY HE IS OUR NEWEST JURIST. HE IS  A CLASS ACT WITH THE BEST INTENTIONS BEHIND HIM ALONG WITH SUPERIOR ABILITY.

OUR NEW STATE’S ATTORNEY WILL ALSO BE A WELCOME ADDITION TO THE COUNTY GOVERNMENT. HE HASTHE NEEDED EXPERIENCE AND ABILITY TO BE FAIR AND PRACTICAL. HE WILL FIGHT THE BATTLES THAT NEED FIGHTING BUT THAT CAN BE WON. I DO NOT EXPECT HIM TO IGNORE THE CRIMINAL PROSECUTION SIDE OF HIS DUTIES WHILE FUNNELLING TOO MUCH ENERGY AND TOO MANY RESOURCES TO FAMILY LAW ENFORCEMENT.

One thing I learned from my dad was to follow politics. He felt it was important to stay current in the latest trends and it starts by following politics. It is nice to know who the powers to be are and, when available, get to know them. My father was a businessman. Like all businessmen, it’s nice to know people.

I have always enjoyed keeping track of politics, locally, statewide and nationally. Nights like last night have always been enjoyable to me. It is a Tuesday in November so no huge sporting events are on. I watch the returns. I play a game against myself to see if I predicted the winner, predictions I usually keep to myself. That way I can always claim I knew who would win. Last night was no different. I watched the returns come in, secretly keeping score to myself. I was up past 1:00 a. m. watching the results and visiting the Daily Chronicle’s website and chat room.

So now, let’s see who won what? Who are we going to vote out of office in two years? We can start with President Barack Obama. Even if it is not his fault, and it is, he has got to go. His fifteen minutes has already lasted too long. Cutting off the head does not always kill the evil creature so we must keep cutting.

I pray the Tea Party is a distant memory by November 2012, but we will see. I imagine the few Tea Party members that got elected yesterday will have figured out Washington politics by the next election. They will not want to run as an outsider again but will be touting the bacon they brought home for their constituents. If they insist on being outsiders, they will have accomplished nothing and have a terrible record to run on.

In my opinion, the winners were;

1.      The people in Randy Hultgren’s district
2.      The people of DeKalb County
3.      Kishwaukee Community College
4.      Republicans
5.      Political neophytes
6.      The people of Illinois since we can fire them all again in two years.

The loser’s were;

1. The people of Illinois, we still have a Senator to be ashamed of.
2. The people of Illinois, we still cannot elect a governor. If Quinn is the best we have, we suck.
3. Democrats
4. Incumbents


As always, the losers were the American people. It is time to spend less time exporting democracy and more time exercising it properly. We can’t be to convincing to the rest of the world when we complain about the graft and corruption in a foreign government when, in reality, we are not much better.



BRUCE A. BRENNAN

Email: brucebrennanlaw@aol.com








No comments:

Post a Comment