Sunday, August 22, 2010

3K, The Million and other ramblings

August 22, 2010






DO NOT FORGET TO SIGN UP AS A FOLLOWER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERYTHING MY BLOG HAS TO OFFER. I WOULD ALSO LOVE TO HEAR FEEDBACK FROM THE READERS AND FOLLOWERS.



I am not sure what to write about today. I did partially participate in the 3K CORNFEST WALK/RUN. I and the wife did the Walk thing. We did not make the whole 3K but, it was a start. I am still recovering from a stroke I suffered in March of this year so any exercise is good for me.



Sorry nut, I was wrong on the winner of the Arlington Million. Debussey, a European horse won the race.



White Sox split doubleheader. That does not do them much good but is better than losing two.



BEARS ARE IN MID-SEASON FORM. Their great defense isn’t. Urlacher gets hurt way too often. The team should consider a different training strategy. Injuries are part of football and all sports, the Bears just seem to have more than other teams. This could seem this way to me because I follow the Bears more closely than other teams. Do you miss Kyle Orton yet?



Jay Mariotti was arrested in Los Angeles for domestic violence Saturday. I do not wish any woman or person harm, but the arrest of Mariotti couldn’t have happened to a more deserving guy. Wonder who he will blame for this or who he will attack, so to speak, as a loser.



It is Sunday. The Rick Kogan radio show, The Sunday Papers, is on WGN radio at 6:30 a. m. Give it a listen. I usually watch the talking heads news shows on Sunday morning. They give me something to think about and write about. Between the three main networks, all views are covered. I do not listen to CBS. Dan Rather killed that network news department several years ago, along with his career.



Try this website out, either one will get you to the right place. It is fun and challenging. Cut and paste the address into your browser address line. If the cut and paste does not work, Google “Air Force Test” and hit the result about red square.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html



www.members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html









CLICK THE ADS ON THE SIDES OF THE BLOG POSTS. YOU CAN FIND MOVIE TRAILERS, MUSIC AND OTHER INTERESTING AND ENTERTAINING INFORMATION.



Thank you for reading me this morning. I am always looking for ideas to write about. Post a suggestion. I read all the posts. Your comments are considered by me, never ignored unless it is meant to be a throwaway comment.



See you tomorrow.









Bruce A. Brennan

brucebrennanlaw@aol.com

brucebrennanlaw.com

bruceabrennananddekalbilandtheworld.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bruce. Glad to see you're online & survived the 3K (albeit partial). Reasonable and measured exercise is good for you, not all/any; but you know this because you are a reasonable guy.

    I appreciate your viewpoint. I might even say I'm inspired. Check out http://complicated-clarity.blogspot.com

    FYI - Waterman is getting that new police car tomorrow (regardless of the fact that the former administration SENT BACK a Grant from the state earmarked for that purpose & nearly bankrupt the village with her profound knowledge of government & opening mail in a timely manner)

    Take care.
    R

    ReplyDelete