Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Beatles, mayoral training and Judges

AUGUST 31, 2010




Lucas said; “ It’s difficult to pick only three.” His are:



1. Drive my car

2. Help

3. When I’m Sixty-four.



I like;



1. Baby you can drive my car (same as Lucas)

2. My Life

3. Yesterday



My favorites will probably change the next time I hear a Beatles Album, CD or tape.



Joanne says; “Here are my Faves.”



1. Lemon tree

2. Rocky raccoon

3. Let it be “I know it’s the typical song to name but it still brings chills!”



Nice call, Joanne.



For you Dean Martin fans out there; “Keep those cards and letters coming in folks.”



So far, only Baby you can drive my car has more than one first place vote.



I got a little hassle about ripping education. I did not want to convey the thought education is the only cause for our societal problems but it belongs on the list, with absentee fathers, lack of discipline and many other causes. Being a single parent is usually a choice and is too often used as a crutch for failure or laziness. Just my opinion, no offense or harm meant.



Check out the pictures of the day from Mondays Christian Science Monitor. The one of the alligator in Portland, Oregon is cool.



Another slow news day. I did see where the Mayor of DeKalb, IL was participating in emergency training, attempting to open a car door in a simulated auto accident. The mayor is likely a good man but he does not need this type of training in his retirement. I hope a real emergency responder was not deprived of real training so the mayor could play games and get a photo op.



The Hurricane season is apparently ramping up in the Atlantic. Three storms are being closely monitored at this time. None is expected to hit the Gulf Coast but New England may see some action. I bet the response to any weather emergency in New England is quicker and more detailed than it was for the Gulf Coast, or ever has been. I suspect this will not be because we have learned anything, it is because of who lives in New England.



The Manny era starts today for the White Sox. I hope I am wrong but I don’t think he will be the needed savior. If he could only pitch in relief?



Go to The Christian Science Monitor website and check out the “Puppies around the World” pictorial.

www.csmonitor.com



According to the Huffington Post, 1 in 8 Federal Judgeships are unfilled. Of course, each party is blaming the other. You would think if over 12% of the Judgeships are empty, we should be saving a bunch of money on salary, benefits, staff, office space, etc. but we are not. If the Judiciary is still operating efficiently, governmentally speaking, perhaps we do not need the Judges Obama has not appointed? I think we should pass a law reducing the number of Judgeships we have. That would shake up the pork our elected officials have to hand out to supporters. A federal Judgeship is a lifetime appointment. They make close to $200,000.00 per year, not including staff, office costs, retirement and benefits. A Judge has to be impeached to lose the job. It happens but not often. Usually a Judge retires in order to save his/her retirement benefits.







BRUCE A. BRENNAN

brucebrennanlaw.com

brucebrennanlaw@aol.com

Blog:bruceabrennananddekalbilandtheworld.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Hey - 2 votes for Let it Be. Joanne and Pattom - Although if asked to rate them again, I might pick Baby, you can drive my car..... This bringing back lots of memories. They were a great band! Patty

    ReplyDelete