Monday, August 16, 2010

Back to School. Elvis, you left too young.

August 16, 2010



Hello again. How are you doing? May be what is below will make your day or ruin it, we will see. I bet it will help more than hurt.



DO NOT FORGET TO SIGN UP AS A FOLLOWER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ALL THIS BLOG HAS TO OFFER!



ELVIS died August 16, 1977, 33 years ago today. Where were you? By the end of that day, many of us, especially those of us alive, were at the end of Lonely Street at Heartbreak Hotel. I know I was All Shook Up the day Elvis was Returned to Sender. Elvis was in his early forties when he died.



My youngest child is my only daughter. She was born in 1990. She knows who Elvis is and has heard much of his material because of her time around me. Tomorrow will be a bittersweet day for me and my wife. For the second year in a row, I will be taking my daughter to college. She starts her second year, studying journalism, with a goal of going to law school. She is a brilliant, well-rounded young lady who will do whatever she wants to. Failure is never in her mind.



Last year was a little tough driving away from the dorm without her. A few tears were shed by me and her mother. This year, mom can’t make the trip to drop her off. I guess I will have to cry for two. This year should be a little easier. Not everything is new to her or me. I honestly think my daughter took last year better than her parents did.



We did the drop off thing with the son now in law school but, he was going to a school forty miles away not 175 miles away. He now goes to law school out of state but he has been gone for six years. Except for the summertime when my daughter comes back, I and the wife are empty nesters. I like that.



She is still a little upset with one of her older brothers. She has always wanted to go to law school; to be like her dad. My middle child made a decision late in his college career to go to law school. He starts his final year in law school in two weeks. He is going to beat my daughter to law school graduation. She will make him pay some day.



My oldest child is making the long money as an architectural draftsman. His younger siblings have a way to go to catch him. All in all, they are three great kids.



That is enough about me. Next time, back to every ones world, not just mine.







Bruce A. Brennan

brucebrennanlaw@aol.com

brucebrennanlaw.com

BLOG:bruceabrennananddekalbilandtheworld.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment